Late Hakeem Abdul Hameed, a globally known Practitioner of Unani Medicine had established Hamdard Tibbi College, Delhi in 1963 in Ballimaran Old Delhi.
The name of the College was changed as Faculty of Medicine (Unani) after the Jamia Hamdard campus was declared as Deemed to be University in 1989 under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956. The School of Unani Medical Education & Research erstwhile Faculty of Medicine (Unani) consists of the following Departments.
- 1. Department of Tashreeh wa Munafeul Aza (Anatomy & Physiology)
- Department of Kulliyat (Fundamentals of Unani Medicine)
- Department of Ilmul Advia (Pharmacology)
- Department of Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (Preventive & Social Medicine)
- Department of Moalijat (Medicine)
- Department of Amraz-e-Niswan, Qabalat-o-Atfal (Gynecology, Obstetrics & Paediatrics
- Department of Jarahiyat (Surgery)
The Department of Tashreeh wa Munafeul Aza (Anatomy & Physiology) was bifurcated in two departments on 14/03/2018 viz (1) Tashreehul Badan (Anatomy) (2) Munafeul Aza (Physiology).
Department of Munafeul Aza (Physiology)
The Department comprises two teachers and one non-teaching staff. The Department is engaged in the teaching of Munafeul Aza Theory & Practical to the students of BUMS Ist year.
(1) Dr. Anwar Husain Khan
Associate Professor & HEAD
Total Teaching Experience 18 Years
(2) Dr. Shehla Nazir
Total Teaching Experience 9 Years
(1) Tanvir Alam
Senior Lab Assistant
Total Lab Experience 36 Years