School of Unani Medicine
School of Unani Medicine earlier known as Jamia Tibbia was established in 1935 at Gali Qasim Jaan, Delhi. Later in 1963, it was named as Hamdard Tibbi College. It was shifted to Hamdard Nagar Campus in 1980 and started B.U.M.S. course under University of Delhi. After the establishment of Jamia Hamdard in 1989, it merged with the University and got the status of School of Unani Medicine. Presently the School runs U.G. (BUMS Degree) course and P.G. courses (M.D. Unani) in three disciplines of Unani Medicine i.e. Ilmul Advia, Moalajat and Tahaffuzi Wa Samaji Tibb. The school also runs two one year’s courses i.e. (i) Pre-Tibb and (ii) Certificate Course of Unani Dispenser (Attar) for candidates coming from Madarsa stream. The school conducts teaching and research in Unani Medicine and Surgery. The students are imparted instruction with extensive knowledge of the fundamental theories and basic principles of Unani System of Medicine as well as the modern medical subjects such as Physiology, Social and Preventive Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and Forensic Medicine.
The School has been recognized as one of the centres of higher education and research in Unani Medicine by Ministry of Health, Govt. of India.
The School offers a three year post-graduate course leading to the award of degree of M.D. Unani in Ilmul Advia,Tahaffuzi-wa-Samaji Tibb (Preventive and Social Medicine) and Moalejat; a four and half years course followed by one year compulsory and rotatory internship for the award of Kamil-e-Tibb-o-Jarahat (B.U.M.S.-Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) degree and a one year Pre-Tibb course.
School of Unani Medicine has continued to pursue teaching and research in Unani Medicine and Surgery. The students are imparted extensive knowledge of the fundamental theories and basic principles of Unani System of Medicine as well as the modern medical subjects such as Physiology, Social and Preventive Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and forensic Medicine.
- No stipend is available to the students of M.D. (Moalejat), M.D. (Ilmul Advia) and M.D. (Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib) from the Department of ISM, Ministry of Health, and Govt. of India. Depending on the availability of resources, Jamia Hamdard may consider providing stipend (Hkm. Abdul Hameed Scholarship) of Rs. 2500 per month to some deserving students.
- M.D. Moalijat students may be posted in the Majeedia Hospital.
- Certificate Course in Unani Medicine for Foreign National
- Pre Tib
- Certificate Course of Unani Dispenser
- MD (Moalijat)
- MD (Ilmul Advia)
- MD Tahaffuzi-wa-Samaji Tib